Family Wellness is now hiring Lifeguards to assist in Aquatics. Interested individuals can either be certified or receive certification through Family Wellness with our partnership at the YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties.
Responsible for maintaining a safe pool environment while effectively performing lifeguard duties.
Education, Experience, & Skills (Minimum Requirement):
Applicants must be 16 years of age or older. Previous experience as a lifeguard preferred.
- American Red Cross certification in Lifeguarding, CPR/AED, and First Aid required upon hire.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Maintains control of the pool and enforces safety rules in a firm but positive manner.
- Ensures the pool is never left unattended unless it is empty and all doors are locked.
- Records water and air quality measurements. Reports any abnormalities or problems with the readings.
- Responsible for the safety of all guests in the pool area.
- Understands and maintains knowledge and understanding of the Aquatics Department Policies and Procedures.
- Keeps pool and pool area clean and clear of potential safety hazards and informs Aquatics Director, Aquatics Coordinator, or maintenance personnel of any problems or necessary repairs.
- Always alert and ready to prevent unsafe happenings and to help others in need of attention within the facility.
- Performs other pool set up, breakdown, and cleaning duties as required.
- Maintains a constant communication pipeline with the Aquatic Director and Aquatics Coordinator.
- Exchanges resources and information with other Family Wellness Employees.