Family Wellness is a non-profit organization whose mission is to inspire healthy lifestyles by connecting people in a fun environment. This 80,000 square foot fitness and wellness facility was built by a partnership between Sanford Health and the YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties.
Individual is one person age 12+. Individual members under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present at the time of membership enrollment.
Family/Household includes two adults over the age of 18 residing at the same address and their dependent children under the age of 24. When a dependent child reaches age 24 they must purchase their own membership, or be one of the two adults listed on the membership.
Family/Household with Childcare includes the criteria of the Family/Household membership type, but with the addition of unlimited drop-in childcare access for the children listed on the membership. Childcare access is for children ages two weeks through 9 years, and must comply with all childcare policies.
- Payment method includes Automatic Monthly Withdrawals (2nd of each month or 2nd business day), EFT (bank draft) or Credit Card for monthly payments.
- Annual memberships may be purchased in advance by check, cash or credit card.
- Some age groups have limited access. See our facility Age Guidelines for more details.
What’s included in a membership?
- Fitness Center: over 100 pieces of cardio equipment and expansive strength and free weight areas.
- Indoor Track: window-lined, three lane running/walking track.
- Group Fitness: over 90 fun and engaging Group Fitness classes each week.
- Aquatics: access to our two pools, whirlpool, steam room and sauna.
- Court Sports: collegiate-sized basketball court, two racquetball courts for racquetball, wallyball. handball or badminton.
- Towel Service: fitness and large bath towels are available for your convenience.
- Locker Rooms: men’s, women’s and family locker rooms available.
- Guest Passes: members 18 years of age or older will receive up to six complimentary guest passes each calendar year, per membership.
- Reciprocity Access: reciprocity to the YMCA of Cass & Clay Counties and Family Wellness Bismarck/Mandan.
- Programming: exclusive member rates for all programming at Family Wellness and the YMCA of Cass & Clay Counties.
Additional Membership Opportunities
Need Based Membership: As a commitment to the health of all community members, Family Wellness offers financial assistance to those with demonstrated financial need or extenuating circumstances. Applications are available at the Front Desk or click the button below to print. Please submit completed applications to the Front desk.
Sanford Health Employees: Through its commitment to employee health and wellness, Sanford Health funds a 20% portion of membership to Family Wellness. This includes family members living in the same household and dependent children under the age of 24. Sanford Volunteers and Sanford Auxiliary also receive this benefit. Please bring your Sanford photo ID when registering your membership. Medical students, traveling nurses, or other providers contracted by Sanford Health, and Sanford Health retirees do not qualify for this discount.
Health Insurance Reimbursement Programs: We partner with several insurance providers who participate in reimbursement programs. Click below to learn more, or to get started with your reimbursement.
Manage Your Membership
Access the Member Portal: Use the link below to help you create and access your online account. With your online account, you will be able to update billing and contact information, schedule racquetball reservations, register for programs (including Swim School), generate attendance reports, and more!
Membership Changes: Use the link below to adjust your membership to best fit your needs. Options include freeze my membership, downgrade my membership or cancel my membership. All membership change requests must be submitted no later than the 15th of the month prior to the effective month.
The mission of Family Wellness is to inspire healthy lifestyles by connecting people in a fun environment. To help with that, we encourage all of our members and guests to follow all polices listed below.