October 7, 2022
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
October 7 | 5:30PM – 7:30PM
Everyone has an addiction whether from a minor addiction of gum chewing to the more severe addictions we face in society. The characteristics and effects of addiction can easily be described as separation. Addictive behaviors disconnect us from ourselves, our loved ones, our environment and so much more.
In this workshop we will look at how yoga can be designed to complement the work of the 12-step program in alleviating the pain and suffering that comes with addiction and relapse helping all people recovering from all manifestations of addiction, from behavioral addictions to substance abuse as well as supporting those who are impacted by people who live with addiction. Come connect the dots between the ancient wisdom of yoga, and the practical tools of 12-step programs.
In this training we will touch on:
- How addiction affects the brain.
- Trauma’s impact on the body and the nervous system.
- How the dis-ease of addiction affects people and how to move from disconnection to connection.
- An overview of the 12-step program.
- The principles of the Yoga Sutra to the 12-step program that can encourage healing.
- and finally… a 45 min Yoga practice.
$20 Members | $50 Nonmembers Click Here To Log In And Register