Thank you Family Wellness Members!
Thank you for continuing to keep Family Wellness a safe place for members and staff by staying home if you’re feeling ill, wiping down equipment before and after use, and social distancing.
Please review the following guidelines for facility access, program & service availability, and any additional considerations relating to COVID-19.
New Changes Effective January 18th
- Senior Only Access (55+) on Tuesdays and Thursdays has been removed. We encourage our seniors or those at elevated risk to use Family Wellness during our slower time periods. This is usually daily between 1:00PM and 3:00PM.
- Daily Closure for sanitization from 1:30PM – 2:30PM has been removed. Family Wellness will continue to maintain the high levels of sanitation and air flow necessary without this closure.
- Cycling Classes will be added back to the calendar (Click here for the Group Fitness Calendar).
- No temp screenings for members at check-in. Staff are still required to temp check. Do not come to the facility if you have a temperature or any COVID symptoms, if you have a pending or positive COVID test, or if you have had an exposure to someone who is positive within the past 14 days.
- Rentals are available as long as room guidelines are followed (Click here for more information).
- Sauna/Steam Room capacity increased to 4. Hot tub increased to 5.
- Basketball contact play will resume. 6 people are allowed on a hoop and reservations are required.
- Racquetball increased to 6 per court.
- All reciprocity, including outside of local YMCA will be accepted.
- Guest access will return, however nonmembers may only access the facility twice in one month.
- Cash/check will be accepted.
- All programs and events are on as scheduled but are subject to change (Click Here for Calendar of Events).
- Facility Hours will remain at the times below:
- Monday-Friday: 5:00AM – 10:00PM
- Saturdays: 6:00AM – 8:00PM
- Sundays: 8:00AM – 8:00PM
Mask Requirements We will continue to require individuals to wear masks to enter and move about the facility in coordination with the extended city mask mandate. The only individuals that will not require a mask are those under the age of 5, those swimming in the pool, those in group fitness classes once they have arrived and are in their socially distanced space, those who are unable to wear a mask for medical reasons, and those actively working out on a machine.
Fitness Center: It is required that members wear their face mask when moving from one piece of equipment to another.
Track: Masks are required at all times on the track.
Basketball Court 6 people are allowed on a hoop and reservations are required. Masks are encouraged in this area.
Racquetball Court A maximum of 6 people per court is allowed and reservations are required. Masks are encouraged in this area.
Family Wellness will continually review these requirements in order to help keep our community safe.
Important Member Responsibilities
We are continuing to sanitize the facility regularly as well as asking our staff to maintain recommended safety precautions. To help with reducing the risk of COVID-19 exposure we require our members to:
- Wipe machines before and after use.
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer upon entry.
- Members are asked to remain 6 feet apart for social distancing.
- Do not come to the facility if you have a temperature or any COVID symptoms, if you have a pending or positive COVID test, or if you have had an exposure to someone who is positive within the past 14 days.
Ongoing Facility Rules
- Please bring your own towel from home if showering at Family Wellness.
- Children under the age of 12 are allowed in the Racquetball, Basketball or Pool areas only (must be accompanied by adult).
- Childcare has the following policy per DHS Childcare Guidance:
- All those that enter childcare will be screened with questions and temperature checks
- Parents are required to wear a face mask while in childcare for pick up and drop off
- Fitness Floor – some machines are off limits due to social distancing, masks required while moving through area
- Basketball Courts – 6 people per hoop, masks encouraged, reservations are required (book 45 min time slots online or at front desk)
- Racquetball Courts – 6 people per court, masks encouraged, reservations are required (book 45 or 90 min time slots online or at front desk)
- Group Fitness Classes – advanced reservation required (Click here for more information)
- Aquatics Area – some restrictions, advanced reservations required in some areas (Click here for more information)
- Locker Rooms and Showers (towels not provided)
- Programs and Events (subject to change) – (Click here for Calendar of Events)
- Personal Training and Registered Dietitian (email Carma.Devillers@sanfordhealth.org for more information)
- Walking Track – masks required at all times
- Drop In Childcare (Click here for current Childcare offerings)
What’s Closed/Not Available
- Coffee Service
- Large Towels (fitness towels provided)
- Machines and high-touch surfaces will be sanitized frequently
- Additional and routine training with all staff on proper cleaning and sanitization techniques
- Hand sanitizers placed at facility entrances and throughout the building
- Members must wipe down machines and equipment before and after use
- Additional self service cleaning wipes available throughout facility
- Mandatory face masks
- Sneeze guards have been installed at Front Desk, Childcare, and Fitness Desk
- Increased Hand Sanitizer and Fitness Wipe Stations
- Staff are required to be screened and take temperatures upon entrance as well as encouraged to stay home if feeling ill
- Frequent cleaning of common areas
- Limited enrollment on Group Fitness Classes, Programs, Events, and Spaces
Family Wellness reserves the right to suspend or cancel a membership for anyone flagrantly disregarding these guidelines.