Thank you Family Wellness Members!
Thank you for continuing to keep Family Wellness a safe place for members and staff by staying home if you’re feeling ill, wiping down equipment before and after use, and social distancing.
Please review the following guidelines for facility access, program & service availability, and any additional considerations relating to COVID-19.
Beginning Monday, April 12th, bath towels will be available for members! Please review the following, as our towel distribution practice has been updated:
• Towels will be kept at the Front Desk, and handed to members as requested.
• We ask that towels be kept to 1 per person.
• Used towels can still be dropped in towel bins located in the locker rooms or facility lobby for laundering.
- Monday-Friday: 5:00AM – 10:00PM
- Saturdays: 6:00AM – 8:00PM
- Sundays: 8:00AM – 8:00PM
our team worked with Infectious Disease Experts at Sanford Health to determine that the current masking policies at Family Wellness will remain in place for the safety of our members and staff and will be reassessed based upon community risk levels and input from our medical partners.
As a reminder, individuals are required to wear masks to enter and move about the facility. The only individuals that will not require a mask are those under the age of 5, those swimming in the pool, those in group fitness classes once they have arrived and are in their socially distanced space, on the basketball and racquetball courts and those actively working out on a machine.
Fitness Center: It is required that members wear their face mask when moving from one piece of equipment to another.
Track: Masks are required at all times on the track.
Basketball Court Reservations are required. Masks are encouraged in this area.
Racquetball Court A maximum of 6 people per court is allowed and reservations are required. Masks are encouraged in this area.
Family Wellness will continually review these requirements in order to help keep our community safe.
Important Member Responsibilities
We are continuing to sanitize the facility regularly as well as asking our staff to maintain recommended safety precautions. To help with reducing the risk of COVID-19 exposure we require our members to:
- Wipe machines before and after use.
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer upon entry.
- Members are asked to remain 6 feet apart for social distancing.
- Do not come to the facility if you have a temperature or any COVID symptoms, if you have a pending or positive COVID test, or if you have had an exposure to someone who is positive within the past 14 days.
Ongoing Facility Rules
- Please bring your own towel from home if showering at Family Wellness.
- Children under the age of 12 are allowed in the Racquetball, Basketball or Pool areas only (must be accompanied by adult).
- Childcare has the following policy per DHS Childcare Guidance:
- All those that enter childcare will be screened with questions and temperature checks
- Parents are required to wear a face mask while in childcare for pick up and drop off
- Fitness Floor – some machines are off limits due to social distancing, masks required while moving through area
- Basketball Courts – Basketball Courts will allow for 5v5. Noon ball will resume from 11:45am-1:15pm Monday – Friday on Court 1. Hoop reservations are still required (book 45 min time slots online or at front desk). In order to play full court outside of noon ball times, members would have to book hoops 1-3 together. View Court Schedule Here.
- Racquetball Courts – 6 people per court, masks encouraged, reservations are required (book 45 or 90 min time slots online or at front desk)
- Group Fitness Classes – all classes with the exception of BodyPump, Cycling, & Water Exercise will no longer require registration to attend (Click here for more information).
- Aquatics Area – some restrictions, advanced reservations required in some areas (Click here for more information)
- Locker Rooms and Showers (large towels not provided)
- Programs and Events (subject to change) – (Click here for Calendar of Events)
- Personal Training and Registered Dietitian (email Carma.Devillers@sanfordhealth.org for more information)
- Walking Track – masks required at all times
- Drop-In Childcare is back! You will no longer need to register for care (Click here for current Childcare offerings)
- Large Towels are available will be kept at the Front Desk, and handed to members as requested.
What’s Closed/Not Available
- Coffee Service
- Gym and Pool Rentals
- Machines and high-touch surfaces will be sanitized frequently
- Additional and routine training with all staff on proper cleaning and sanitization techniques
- Hand sanitizers placed at facility entrances and throughout the building
- Members must wipe down machines and equipment before and after use
- Additional self service cleaning wipes available throughout facility
- Mandatory face masks
- Sneeze guards have been installed at Front Desk, Childcare, and Fitness Desk
- Increased Hand Sanitizer and Fitness Wipe Stations
- Staff are required to be screened and take temperatures upon entrance as well as encouraged to stay home if feeling ill
- Frequent cleaning of common areas
- Limited enrollment on Group Fitness Classes, Programs, Events, and Spaces
Family Wellness reserves the right to suspend or cancel a membership for anyone flagrantly disregarding these guidelines.